The path of self-improvement implies relating to situations and people that allow us to show our internal limitations, as an opportunity to train ourselves in the development of virtues that have not fully bloomed.
Spiritual development is not achieved through training, reading books of self-development or closing your eyes to attempt to put your thoughts on pause. Of course, these exercises are useful to connect with our zone of light. But if this connection to light is not harnessed to apply those teachings, if they are not verified in our daily living, then there we are not progressing at all. These teachings serve only to feed our belief system, which exclusively nurtures our ego.
The ego has learned to be a teacher in its own field and when it discovers information of wisdom, it learns to use it from ignorance in order to control, manipulate, and to be acknowledged or simply to deceive itself by confusing its own beliefs with comprehension and wisdom.
The spiritual development consists of acquiring the ability to willingly clean the limitations that we are accumulating in the development of our personality.
As with any ability, the greatest potential manifests itself through training.
There is only one way for a person to successfully train in the development of undisturbed peace, by facing that which is deemed difficult to the person. The path of self-improvement implies relating to situations and characters that allow us to show our internal limitations as an opportunity to train ourselves in the development of virtues that have not fully bloomed. This is the profound purpose of evolution.
The place we are at is perfect to achieve it. A clean mind is a free mind, invulnerable and not offended. When a master of wisdom transcends all levels of falsehood and ignorance, he or she is filled with truth. In order to achieve this, the master had to fill him or herself with ignorance and then to learn to transcend it.
Thanks to the ego we can recognize the consequences of decisions that do not generate harmonic results and little by little to identify how to flow with the universal order.
It is through mistakes that we can identify that which does not work and it is the consciousness of mistakes that allows us to transcend them by generating a new action to move closer to the maximum point of understanding.
- Ignorance justifies its mistakes, understanding transcends them.
- Ignorance fights and combats for causes that it deems “fair”, understanding accepts.
- Ignorance uses resignation, understanding uses willingness.
- Ignorance fights against the law of the universe, understanding lives in the law.
- Ignorance talks about injustice; understanding lives at the right point and seizes the opportunities.
- Ignorance is indifferent; understanding respects the process and the learning rhythm of everybody.
- Ignorance confronts and/or resists, understanding respects.
- Ignorance victimizes, understanding is grateful.
- Ignorance blames, understanding takes responsibility.
- Ignorance reacts, understanding acts.
- Ignorance complains; understanding values.
- Ignorance imposes, understanding adapts.
- Ignorance uses aggression, understanding uses firmness.
- Ignorance is rigid, understanding is flexible.
- Ignorance is unstable, understanding is committed.